ZU MV DC
ZU MV DC is a surge arrester with the following features and benefits.
Typical usage: in direct current systems and particularly where electric traction (railway, underground) is used.
• Surge arrester type L with: limiting operation, varistor for protection against overvoltages in direct current applications, and atmospheric lightning strikes;
• This SPD is Installed in a vertical position, when hooked on overhead lines and when mounted on electric motors;
• Its high mechanical resistance to bumps and vibrations complies with the regulations of IEC/EN 60068 part 2-29;
• Its silicone rubber housing with high creepage distance allows internal or external mounting;
• Its high discharge capacity In is 10 kA (8/20);
• Its continuous voltage rating is from 1 to 4kV d.c.;
• Size and volume of the surge arresters based on the practical minimum for each nominal voltage;
• The insulator of the surge arrester is characterized by the absence of junction lines;
• The construction and manufacturing process prevent partial discharges;
• Sealed with aluminium fittings and terminead with stainless steel clamps, screws and washers.