ZU HV DC
Surge Arrester for High Voltage Systems
ZU HV DC is a surge arrester with typical usage in direct current systems and particularly where electric traction (railway, underground) is used.
It provides the following features and benefits:
- Surge arrester type L with: limiting operation, varistor for protection against overvoltages in direct current applications, and atmospheric lightning strikes;
- This SPD is Installed in a vertical position, when hooked on overhead lines and when mounted on electric motors;
- Its high mechanical resistance to bumps and vibrations complies with the regulations of IEC/EN 60068 part 2-29;
- Its silicone rubber housing with high creepage distance allows internal or external mounting;
- Its high discharge capacity In is 10 kA (8/20);
- Its continuous voltage rating is from 1 to 4kV d.c.;
- Size and volume of the surge arresters based on the practical minimum for each nominal voltage;
- The insulator of the surge arrester is characterized by the absence of junction lines;
- The construction and manufacturing process prevent partial discharges;
- Sealed with aluminium fittings and terminead with stainless steel clamps, screws and washers.