S-AS 2 ...
S-AS 2 is an SPD for installation in series with the telecommunication/signalling circuit to protect sensitive equipment with low resistability/immunity, providing the following features and benefits:
• Common mode and differential mode protection make it particularly suitable for signal circuits between equipment with reference ground;
• Very efficient protection providing a low voltage protection level Up;
• Providing protection against direct and indirect lightning effects;
• Earth/ground connection via 35 mm DIN rail (according to EN 50022) and by screwless spring type termination of the cable screen;
• Suitable for installation at LPZ boundaries up to 0B -2 in accordance with the lightning protection zones concept;
• The behaviour of the SPD is in Short Circuit failure mode when reaching the end of the life;
• Note: Equipment protection at both ends of the telecommunication/signal line is essential (see above schematics).