S-AS 2 ...
Surge Protective Device for Signalling and Telecommunication Networks
S-AS 2 is an SPD for installations in series with the telecommunication/signalling circuits to protect sensitive equipments with low resistability/immunity, providing the following features and benefits:
- Common mode and differential mode protection make it particularly suitable for signal circuits between equipment with reference ground;
- Very efficient protection providing a low voltage protection level Up;
- Providing protection against indirect lightning effects;
- Suitable for installation at LPZ boundaries up to 0B -2 in accordance with the lightning protection zones concept;
- The behaviour of the SPD is in Short Circuit failure mode when reaching the end of the life;
- Ground connection is made via PE screw type terminals.
Note: Equipment protection at both ends of the telecommunication/signal line is essential (see above schematics).