ISOLATING SPARK GAPS (ISGs)
ISGs for lightning protection systems and low-voltage limiters for use in railway systems
ISOLATING SPARK GAP (ICON FOR ISG SELECTION)
Protection against direct and indirect lightning effects
ISGs are in accordance with the standards EN 50164-3 / IEC 62561-3 and used for indirect bonding of a lightning protection system to nearby metal systems, where a direct bond is not permissible for functional reasons, e.g.
- for the protection of isolating joints in systems provided with cathodic protection or stray current systems,
- for service entry masts for low voltage overhead lines,
- for the protection of insulating flanges of pipelines,
- in the vicinity of railway systems.
They provide the following features and benefits:
• Monolithic explosion proof protection;
• High level of protection and high isolation resistance against induced voltages or voltages injected by cathodic protection systems;
• High short circuit current withstand.
Isolating Spark Gap ISG